BookReview & ReadAnExcerpt Raging Storm by Vannetta Chapman

3/02/2017

Raging Storm by Vannetta Chapman

Vannetta Chapman's Raging Storm is the second novel of The Remnant series. If you haven't read the prequel Overshadowed, I recommend starting there. I think you will be hooked and have to move on to Deep Shadows, the first full length book of the series. Raging Storm begins where Deep Shadows ends and is a must read in my opinion.

In Raging Storm, Shelby Sparks will do whatever it takes to keep her son alive, which includes risking her own life. In this story we are taken out of small town Abney and into the large city of Austin, Texas. Shelby's closest relationships are put to the test. The actions of one her friends at the end was quite surprising to me.
 
Vannetta's research of the many topics covered in this book is evident. I felt like I was making my way to and through the streets of Austin along with the characters. I couldn't put Raging Storm down. Shelby and her friends have some tough choices to make and reading Raging Storm got me thinking about what I would do in similar situations. I think this book may also make one question if they can do whatever it takes to survive but still be faithful to God's calling and ways? And are we more concerned for others or ourselves? Being Christian Dystopia there is no horrific gore but there are several scenes dealing with death that I want to make note about for sensitive or younger readers. This story is where The Remnant series title comes into play. There are times I miss the reason why a book has a certain title but not with this set. It was fun to catch the titles and their meanings in the three books I have read so far from The Remnant series. I recommend checking out Raging Storm. l was provided a complimentary review copy of this book. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

Learn more about Raging Storm by Vannetta Chapman here and ReadAnExcerpt here.

The Remnant series
Overshadowed - read my review here
Deep Shadows - read my review here
Raging Storm - read my review here
Light of Dawn - releasing Summer 2017


BookReview & ReadAnExcerpt Raging Storm by Vannetta Chapman

You Might Also Like

0 Comments