RecipeReview Oven-Dried Tomatoes


Oven-Dried Tomatoes ~ source:tammycookblogsbooks

This is a great way to use the wonderful tomatoes that are grown in a summer garden. I used a mix of all my home-grown tomatoes, not just plum. I skipped the first step of removing the skins because I like them on (and maybe I am a little lazy with things like that!) I also didn't roast mine the full five hours, I didn't plan ahead. The ingredients are a nice combination and the taste of these tomatoes is really good. When I get another crop of tomatoes I will try roasting the full five hours. I am still very pleased with the result of a lesser roasting time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RecipeReview Oven-Dried Tomatoes

Oven-Dried
 Tomatoes 
photo & recipe source:
tasteofhome.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8 plum tomatoes
Ice water
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup minced fresh basil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper


Preheat oven to 250°. Fill a large saucepan two-thirds with water; bring to a boil. Cut a shallow “X” on the bottom of each tomato. Place tomatoes, a few at a time, in boiling water just until skin at the “X” begins to loosen, about 30 seconds. Remove and immediately drop into ice water. Pull off and discard skins.

Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise. Combine all ingredients; toss to coat. Transfer tomatoes, cut side up, to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast until tomatoes are soft and slightly shriveled, about 5 hours. Cool completely; refrigerate. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC

RecipeReview Oven-Dried Tomatoes 

Visit tasteofhome.com to view Oven-dried Tomatoes and more on the website.


RecipeReview Oven-Dried Tomatoes
:) Happy To Be A Taste Of Home
Volunteer Field Editor

You Might Also Like

0 Comments