RecipeReview Cheddar Corn Dog Muffins PLUS Taste Of Home Tuesday

2/28/2017


RecipeReview Cheddar Corn Dog Muffins ~ source:tammycookblogsbooks

These muffins are an easy-to-make twist on the corn dog. The recipe states the jalapeño is optional but I say that is what makes them so good! It's just a little hint of heat but adds great flavor. I used my favorite homemade corn bread recipe when I mixed up a batch. I think any type of hot dog you like would work. I used the kind I always buy not turkey ones. Be sure to check out the Taste of Home Tuesday Links below.



Cheddar Corn Dog Muffins ~ source:tasteofhome.com
Cheddar 
Corn Dog 
 Muffins 
 photo & recipe source:
tasteofhome.com

1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
2/3 cup 2% milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
5 turkey hot dogs, sliced
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeno, optional

Preheat oven to 400°. Line nine muffin cups with foil liners or grease nine nonstick muffin cups.

In a small bowl, combine muffin mix, milk and egg; stir in hot dogs, cheese and, if desired, jalapeno. Fill prepared cups three-fourths full.

Bake 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in Preheat oven to 400°. Line nine muffin cups with foil liners or grease nine nonstick muffin cups.

Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, microwave each muffin on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 9 muffins

RecipeReview Cheddar Corn Dog Muffins PLUS Taste Of Home Tuesday 

Visit tasteofhome.com to view Cheddar Corn Dog Muffins and more on the website.


RecipeReview Cheddar Corn Dog Muffins PLUS Taste Of Home Tuesday
:) Happy To Be A Taste Of Home
Volunteer Field Editor 

Taste of Home Tuesday ~ redcottagechronicles.com
source: redcottagechronicles.com

More Recipe Reviews For
Taste of Home Tuesday
Amy's Cooking Adventures 

Jolene's Recipe Journal

Family Around The Table

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. Jalapeno is never optional in my world! These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look amazing! My kids love corn dog muffins, but I've never added any of those yummy extras!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jolene, jalapeno is definitely one of those like it or not foods. The muffins would be good without them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, oddly enough I was the one who liked these the best. But they are kid-friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a recipe my kids would love. Me too! I love corn dogs, hot dogs and corn muffins. Going into the "to try" file.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Family Around The Table, I wonder if you could get all three by making "corn dogs" with this. Drop spoonfuls of batter & fry in hot oil. I think I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete