BookReview & ReadAnExcerpt Deep Shadows by Vannetta Chapman

Deep Shadows by Vannetta Chapman

I have read several of Vannetta Chapman's Amish novellas and Amish cozy mysteries. Somehow I missed her non-Amish Jacob Family Series. Wow, I am glad I didn't miss her latest, The Remnant series! This includes Overshadowed (prequel), Deep Shadows, Raging Storm, and to-be-released Light of Dawn.

In Deep Shadows, after a solar flare knocks out the electric grid and modern technology, Shelby Sparks has only one mission - keep her son alive. With the help of Max Berkman, ex-boyfriend and current neighbor, she faces the horror that their lives have become. But the question is how long can they and the rest of the town continue on with their new found lives that are getting harder to live by the day. They all have to decide if they are going to work together or fend for themselves. What keep there town a safe, livable place is no longer in existence.

This story really got me thinking about what we need to do to survive a catastrophe like they experienced in Deep Shadows. I could mentally picture Abney, Texas as I read this novel. I felt like I was watching an action-filled television show full of suspense and cliffhangers but I didn't have to wait until next week to find out what happened, I just read the next chapter! This Christian dystopia novel is filled with faith, love, friendship, but also much pain, heartbreak, and despair, as you would expect with such an event like the one in this novel. Death is all too common after the solar flare and this may be upsetting to some readers. I appreciate all the research that went into creating this book.  I recommend reading Deep Shadows, even if you have never read a work in the Dystopia genre. I think it will give you much to think about on many levels. l was provided a complimentary review copy of this book. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

Learn more about Deep Shadows by Vannetta Chapman here and ReadAnExcerpt here.

The Remnant series
Overshadowed - read my review here
Deep Shadows - read my review here
Raging Storm - read my review here
Light of Dawn - releasing Summer 2017


BookReview & ReadAnExcerpt Deep Shadows by Vannetta Chapman

You Might Also Like

0 Comments