BookReview & ReadAnExcerpt The Newcomer by Suzanne Woods Fisher

The Newcomer by Suzanne Woods Fisher

When Suzanne Woods Fisher released Anna's Crossing, book one of the Amish Beginnings trilogy, it was not intended to be part of a series. But fans asked for more of Anna & Bairn's story so she continued on with The Newcomer. Wow, am I glad!

In The Newcomer, Anna Konig and members of her church are finally in the New World. As the group makes its way to the land their leader, Jacob Bauer, secured for them, they meet up with Henrik Newman. Henrik's attitude and help turns out almost too good to be true as the church struggles to work together. Meanwhile, Bairn is wrestling with his thoughts, coming to grips with who he truly is, in the eyes of Anna, his family, himself, and even God.

There is such much going on in this story and I enjoyed every twist and turn! I learned about American history and the culture of the time period while I read The Newcomer. It is obvious Suzanne has done her research. I enjoyed young Felix Bauer and his antics, he kept the story lively. The Newcomer is a fabulous book that I recommend as it brings together Historical and Amish Fiction in a not-so-typical setting that creates a great story. I was provided a complimentary review copy of this book. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

Learn more about The Newcomer and Suzanne Woods Fisher here. ReadAnExcerpt here.

Amish Beginnings
Anna’s Crossing - read my review here 
The Newcomer - read my review here
The Return - releases Summer 2017

tammycookblogsbooks book rating 5/5

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Thank you for reading and reviewing my book, Patty! I appreciate that you pointed out the historical aspects...that it's not just for Amish fiction fans. Really enjoyed your write-up! It's not easy to summarize a book. Well done!

    Warmly, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzanne! I really enjoyed the historical aspect of it. Looking forward to the next book :)

    ReplyDelete