BookReview & ReadAnExcerpt Fraying at the Edge by Cindy Woodsmall

Fraying at the Edge by Cindy Woodsmall
Fraying at the Edge
by Cindy Woodsmall
Cindy Woodsmall is an author I have happily read for a handful of years. The Sisters of the Quilt trilogy got me hooked on her writing. Fraying at the Edge is part of Cindy's three book series, The Amish of Summer Grove. I have read and enjoyed book one Ties That Bind. Visit here to find out more about all of her books.

In Fraying at the Edge, Amish raised Ariana Brenneman and English raised Skylar Nash were unknowingly switched at birth. Twenty years later their lives are turned upside down when they forcefully "decide" to live with their birth parents for a year. The young women experience the obvious culture shock and the reader sees each one's new reality through their eyes and actions. Both have their beliefs in everything, especially God, challenged. They even realize that things aren't always as cut and dry as they seem.

Forgiveness is the theme conveyed throughout Fraying at the Edge. I had trouble initially getting into this book but the storyline picked up for me and then I didn't want to stop reading. The minor characters made the story more enjoyable. There is some resolution with certain characters surprisingly but the next book is needed to reveal the decisions at the end of this novel. Neither of the books I read in this series are stand-alone novels, which I expected since they are part of a trilogy. I look forward to reading Gathering the Threads, book three and discovering how Ariana and Skylar react now that they have lived in both the Amish and English worlds. I was provided a complimentary review copy of this book. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

Amish of Summer Grove 
Ties That Bind - read my review here
Fraying at the Edge
- read my review here 
Gathering the Threads - read my review here
 
Learn more about Fraying at the Edge by Cindy Woodsmall here & ReadAnExcerpt here

tammycookblogsbooks book rating 4/5 

You Might Also Like

0 Comments