BookReview & ReadAnExcerpt A Sister's Wish by Shelley Shepard Gray

A Sister's Wish by Shelley Shepard Gray
A Sister's Wish 
by Shelley Shepard Gray
Shelley Shepard Gray has released her third novel in her Charmed Amish Life series, A Sister's Wish. I couldn't wait to read this book set in Charm, Ohio to see what happens in the life of another Kinsinger sibling. There is so much more to this story than Amelia Kinsinger and her love interest, Simon Hochstetler. I read an interview with Shelley that said this series is "full of drama" and that is the truth. There is much pain revealed from parental abuse, mistrust, and grief. But there is also acceptance, forgiveness, and redemption.

Amelia's a little too sheltered by her family for my liking. but they more I read the more it made sense. Everyone seems to forget that Amelia is an adult now. But they can't forget all the mistakes Simon has repented of. I was surprised with the introduction of Simon's sister, Tess. This was an unexpected addition of the story that I enjoyed. Simon and Tess's story was heartbreaking. The terrible effects of abuse is not shied away from in this story.

In A Sister's Wish, relationships are tested. It made me wonder if someone can really move forward from a checkered past.  It was good to read about the importance of family and that it is okay to be vulnerable. I enjoyed this sweet romance filled with love for family. Getting to know all the Kinsingers throughout this series has been fun. I am glad there is one more book left to read in the Charmed Amish Life series. I was provided a complimentary review copy of this book. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. 

Learn more about A Sister's Wish by Shelley Shepard Gray here and ReadAnExcerpt here.

Charmed Amish Life series
A Son's Vow - read my review here
A Daughter’s Dream - read my review here
A Sister's Wish - read my review here
An Amish Family Christmas - here

tammycookblogsbooks book rating 4/5

You Might Also Like

0 Comments