ReviewRecipe Herb Mix For Dipping Oil

Herb Mix For Dipping Oil ~ source: tammycookblogsbooks
Herb Mix For Dipping Oil
source: tammycookblogsbooks
I was so happy to find this recipe as I was going through my newest cookbook, Simple & Delicious Cookbook. In the past, I have tried to make up my own herb mixture but it was never quite right. Herb Mix For Dipping Oil is the perfect blend of spices. I used only 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes though, thinking it would be too hot for the kids to enjoy. I also used vegetable oil, as I don't care for the taste of olive oil. We had Pumpernickel & Rye Bread at the time I made this but any bread would be good I think.

Herb Mix For Dipping Oil ~ source: Taste of Home
Herb Mix For Dipping Oil
source: Taste of Home
Herb Mix for Dipping Oil
1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper

ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup olive oil
1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces

In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (1/4 cup total).

To prepare dipping oil:
In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine 4 teaspoons herb mix with water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-15 seconds. Drain excess water. Transfer to a shallow serving plate; add oil and stir. Serve with bread.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC

tammycookblogsbooks recipe review rating 5/5

Visit tasteofhome.com to view Herb Mix For Dipping Oil and more on the website.

Taste Of Home Logo
:) Happy To Be A Taste Of Home
Volunteer Field Editor

You Might Also Like

0 Comments