BookReview & ReadAnExcerpt Life Creative by Wendy Speake and Kelli Stuart

10/16/2016

Life Creative by Wendy Speake and Kelli Stuart
Life Creative
by Wendy Speake and Kelli Stuart
After reading Life Creative, I discovered that the authors, Wendy Speake and Kelli Stuart, believe the same as me - that everyone is creative, even
if they don't see it or believe it! I am so glad that there is a book out there for people who haven't found out how creative they truly are. The authors take moms on a journey of reading about being in the "dark ages" of new motherhood that turns into being a "Renaissance Mom", happily creating all that she was made to do.

I am creative by nature so this book didn't speak a lot to me, as I was/am already there. I didn't put aside or lose all creativity after my children were born. My creativity is what kept me sane at times!

The cover of this book is what drew me to it. But once I started reading, I knew it was not really intended for me. I also had some trouble getting into the book's style of writing. For example "Creative mom, lean in just a bit closer, because I've got a pearl for you to string and wear..."  Many examples of real life women who choose to work from home so they could still be creative and be a part of their kids daily life are shown in this book. Also stressed is how social media has made it so easy for moms to be creative. I like how creativity is defined in this book, showing it's not just writing and painting. I feel many readers will find out just how creative they truly are by what they are doing in their everyday life. This book seems best suited to those who have yet to discover their own version of creativity. I was provided a complimentary review copy of Life Creative. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. 

ReadAnExcerpt of Life Creative by Wendy Speake and Kelli Stuart here.

tammycookblogsbooks book rating 4/5

You Might Also Like

0 Comments