BookReview My Sister's Prayer by Leslie Gould and Mindy Starns Clark

My Sister's Prayer by Leslie Gould and Mindy Starns Clark
My Sister's Prayer
Read Product Description
My Sister's Prayer is the second book in Leslie Gould and Mindy Starns Clark's Cousins of the Dove series. I read an interview with Mindy Starns Clark and she said that a valuable lesson she learned was "Trust the Lord's timing for your life! He has plans for you that far exceed anything you might imagine for yourself". Trusting God and His timing is an aspect of My Sister's Prayer that stood out to me. Visit Leslie Gould and Mindy Starns Clark.

This novel takes place in both the present and the past, covering different generations of a family. In the present, Maddee Talbot has decided to have her drug addicted sister Nicole recover from a car accident at her house. In the past, 1704 to be exact, Celeste Talbot is feeling responsible for the situations she and her sister Berta are in after secretly traveling to the New World.

The past and present chapters parallel the two sets of sisters and their relationships. The mystery of the crime introduced in the book one of the series, witnessed by Maddee, Nicole, and their cousins as young children, is getting closer to being solved. That conclusion will have to wait until the next book in the series, My Daughter's Legacy, I believe.

I anticipated enjoying this novel as much as My Brother's Crown. This book is contemporary and historical. The authors do a great job of bringing the two genres together in one book without losing the flow or my interest. In fact, it was hard reading about the present when I wanted to read about the past and vise-versa. So basically, I couldn't wait to turn every page! One thing I got out of this story is that the past shapes us but if allow God to use it, He can make it into something good. There is mystery, romance, heartache, betrayal, and restoration in this Inspirational Fiction book. I think fans of both Historical and Contemporary Fiction will enjoy it. I received a free copy of this book from Harvest House in exchange for my honest review.

Cousins of the Dove
My Brother's Crown - read my review here 
My Sister's Prayer - read my review here 
My Daughter's Legacy - read my review here

tammycookblogsbooks book rating 5/5

You Might Also Like

0 Comments