BookReview & ReadAnExcerpt The Quieting by Suzanne Woods Fisher


The Quieting by Suzanne Woods Fisher
The Quieting
Read Product Description
Suzanne Woods Fisher has a new addition to her Amish Fiction books based in Stoney Ridge called The Quieting. She believes the Amish
“provide wonderful examples to the world.” Her character, David Stoltzfus, from The Quieting, shows us one such example of always trusting in God. Discover more about Suzanne Woods Fisher here.
The Quieting is book two in the Bishop’s Family series. The Imposter, book one, was such a good book, I looked forward to the release of The Quieting. In this book, we are introduced to Abigail, David Stoltzfus’ quirky niece. She is doing genealogy research while visiting the Stoltzlfus family. I liked encountering characters from the The Imposter as I read. David with Abigail, trailing close behind, are the main characters. They are both struggling with discovering the truth. It’s obvious from the title that a quieting is going to occur. A ”quieting” is when a leader in the Amish is taken out if his position. Matchmaking is also happening while relationships are being put to the test in this story.
I was first introduced to David Stoltzfus and his family in the Inn at Eagle Hill series. I had no idea then that I would like his character as much as I do now. Abigail is the one that makes life more interesting in The Quieting like Birdy did in The Imposter. One thing I took away from this book was that perceptions we have about ourselves and others are not always they way things really are.
The Quieting is a really good book. It has a lot of characters to keep straight but it can be done easily. There is a sneak preview of the next book, The Devoted, that will answer a few questions about some of The Quieting’s character’s futures. While it is not necessary, I would recommend reading both books in the series because they are both great reads. I received a free copy of this book from Revell Reads in exchange for my honest review.

The Bishop’s Family series
The Imposter -
read my review here
The Quieting -
read my review here
The Devoted -
read my review here
ReadAnExcerpt of The Quieting by Suzanne Woods Fisher here.

tammycookblogsbooks book rating 5/5 

You Might Also Like

0 Comments