The World Race - Weeks Thirteen and Fourteen - Prayer Changes Things

Fully Funded Post
Source: tammycookblogsbooks's #1
Currently, #1 is in the 4th country & 4th month of her 11 month mission trip with the World Race. And as you can see from the above
picture she has met her fund-raising goal and is fully funded to continue on with the World Race. 

When she first signed up, I didn't know how she would raise the needed funds for the mission trip but I did know that God would provide if it was in His will for her to be a part of it. When I first started praying for her to know if she was to even go on the World Race I prayed something like this - "If she does not get the necessary funds for her first deadline then we will know she is not supposed to go." But then one day my husband said he had been praying if she did not get the money that it meant God did not want her to go. That is exactly what I was praying but hearing him say it out loud got me thinking. We were praying for God's will to be done but we seemed to be approaching it in a negative way. There were a whole lot of "not"s going on. So I started praying something more like this - "If you (God) want her to go, provide the money she needs." It means the same as my initial prayer but without any "not"s. I haven't jumped on some crazy bandwagon where I can't use negative words when I pray but it did get me thinking more about the words I use when I pray.

In the Bible, Jesus instructs us to pray:
Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Luke 18:1 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.

Ephesians 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Jesus also shows us how to pray. This is what he taught his disciples when they asked him to teach them to pray:

Matthew 6:9-13
The Lord's Prayer
from Matthew 6:9-13

I think I saw "Prayer Changes Things" first as a plaque way back in the 70s. Maybe not, but it is also a song & book title. How ever I first took notice of the saying, it is true. Things, whatever they are, can be changed when we follow the Bibilical example of praying. In Isaiah 38:4,5 God added 15 years to Hezekiah’s life in response to his prayers. There are many more verses in the Bible about prayer so grab a Bible and check them out to learn more.

The World Race is all about sharing the love of Jesus in many ways, you can learn more here. If you want to learn more about God's love for you and knowing Jesus check out this and this.

Read more posts about the World Race.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments