BookReview & ReadAnExcerpt NIV Bible For Women From Zondervan

NIV Bible For Women From Zondervan
NIV Bible For Women 
Read Product Description
The New International Version of the Bible seems to be one the simplest versions to understand for me. What drew me to the NIV Bible For Women was the appealing look and
color of the dust jacket. Upon cracking it open, I also enjoyed the design and drawings that are part of the Devotions and Myths.

The NIV Bible For Women has Biblically-based Devotions for each weekday and Myths for each weekend of the year. Several authors wrote the devotions where they share their joys and struggles. At the end of each devotion there is a question to reflect on and topics to pray about from what was read. An index can be found in the back for the subjects of the devotions. The Myth pages address issues like "it is okay if my husband is my only friend" or "my church should meet my needs". 

This is not a Study Bible. Nor is it a One Year Bible. While I know it is not marketed as "read-through-the-Bible-in-a-year", the design is still confusing to me. At first, it affected my wanting to read it over other Bibles. The placing of the Devotions and Myths does not make sense to me. Some are a few chapters apart, some are many chapters apart, and some have no chapters between them. This makes it hard for me to read through the Bible and do the devotions. I need separate bookmarks for the Devotions/Myths and marking my reading through the Bible. Here's an example - Genesis 1,2, Devo 2, Genesis 3,4,5, Devo 2, Genesis 6,7,8,9,10,11,12, Devo 3, Devo 4, Genesis 13,14,15,16,17,18, Devo 5, Myth 1, Genesis 19,20, Devo 6, Genesis 20,21,22, Devo 7. Overall, I still like the NIV Bible For Women. I think it is great way to get closer God and more involved in reading His word. I received a free copy of this book from BookLook in exchange for my honest review.


ReadanExcerpt of the NIV Bible For Women here - click on images to the left to view

tammycookblogsbooks book rating 4/5

You Might Also Like

0 Comments