The World Race - Week Twelve - Always On My Mind, Not Willie's Version

The World Race
The World Race
Not a day goes by that I (or her dad) don't think of #1 who is on an 11 country 11 month mission trip with the World Race. I recently read that
her team will be heading to country 4, month 4 at the beginning of April. Almost three months down! We have had such little communication with our daughter, I hope she is writing everything down so she can share it when she returns home. I do get to see pictures or updates on Facebook from others. Every little bit helps to know what is going on with her and how she and her team are doing.


I have had our daughter on my mind even more since it has gotten nicer and warmer outside. This is because I take the time to look around the yard instead of running into the house or to the cars so that I am not freezing. The picture below is what makes me think of her. Every time I go down the back door steps I see a gift from her. In the photo, if you look at the rock that is under the bush you will see it is shaped like a heart. #1 found that rock a few years ago by the creek running through our property. She gave it to me. knowing I would like it since I am all about hearts and smiley faces.

Heart Shaped Rock ~ Source: tammycookblogsbooks
Source: tammycookblogsbooks
The times that we think about our daughter are nothing compared to the thoughts God has for us. He was thinking of us before we were even born. Psalm 139:13-14 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. God is thinking about our future - Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. God has thought about our days on Earth. Job 14:5 A person's days are determined; you have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed. God has been thinking of our eternal life from the beginning of time. Titus 1:2 ...in the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time... These are just a few verses found in the Bible showing that God thinks of us. I would recommend looking up more verses for yourself.

I am so thankful for choice to freely have the gift of eternal life in heaven given to us by God when He sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for ours sins. This is the reason #1 has gone on the World Race; to the share the hope of eternal life with everyone she meets. The World Race is all about sharing the love of Jesus in many ways, you can learn more here. If you want to learn more about God's love for you and knowing Jesus check out this and this.

Read more posts about the World Race.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments