BookReview/ReadAnExcerpt Amish Sweethearts by Leslie Gould

Amish Sweethearts by Leslie Gould
Amish Sweethearts
Read Product Description
Leslie Gould was an Army wife for more than thirty years. Her knowledge of life in the Army shows through her writing in Amish Sweethearts, book two in Leslie’s Neighbors of Lancaster County series. In Amish Promises, book one, a character is suffering from the effects of fighting overseas. Amish Sweethearts shows one of the main character’s actual deployment overseas. Read more about Leslie Gould.

In Amish Sweethearts, childhood best friends Englisher Zane Beck and Lila Lehman, an Amish woman, have a romantic love for each other. But being from two different worlds it seems impossible to pursue. They chose to move on without each other. But they realize there is a hole in their hearts that no one can fill. This story is about Zane and Lila wrestling with the fact that they love each other. More importantly it is about them listening to God and putting “Be still and know that I am God (Psalm 46:10) “ into practice.

The descriptions of the soldiers and people living in Afghanistan feel realistic. I enjoyed reading about the secondary characters. I think one thing a person would take away from reading this is that there are consequences for our choices, good or bad. I thought for sure I knew who would be the next couple to find love in book three of the series. But as the story drew to a close, I saw another potential couple that it could be. No matter who the next story is about, I look forward to reading it! I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review.

ReadAnExcerpt of Amish Sweethearts by Leslie Gould here.

Neighbors of Lancaster County series:
Amish Promises - read my review here
Amish Sweethearts - read review here
Amish Weddings- read my review here

tammycookblogsbooks book rating 5/5

You Might Also Like

0 Comments