The World Race - Week Five, All Quiet On The Western Front

The World Race - Week Five, All Quiet On The Western Front
Source: tammycookblogsbooks
Our daughter just finished her first month and first country of her 11 month, 11 country mission trip with the World
Race. She has gotten to tell others about Jesus by going door to door. She was able to show love to residents at a nursing home and to children at an after-school program. She was physically able to help by planting trees, painting, and pulling weeds. She is currently headed to destination #2. 

On Facebook pages and the World Race blogs of her and her teammates I have gotten to see pictures and read about a lot of what she did in the first country. I am also part of the World Race parent group on Facebook. We share a lot of what's going on and what we can pray about. I jokingly told #1 that I know more about what she is doing so far away than when I did when she was home. 

The past month has made our adjustment of not having #1 near easier because of having contact with her in one way or another. We have heard her voice, read her words, and have seen pictures of her. With the second destination we will probably have little communication, if any at all. So this makes me ask, Can I pray & trust God even though I know nothing about the goings-on of our firstborn - if she's sick (like she was a few weeks ago), if she has any problems (like losing a passport), or if she is in need of anything. The answer is Yes! The Bible says in Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Really the only thing I can do is pray, even when putting it into practice can be a difficult thing at times. 

There is no doubt that we are going to doubt God about something, sometime in our lives. That's why I like the story in the Bible of the man who had an ill child found in Mark 9. The father was having doubts that Jesus could heal his son, he believed then he didn't believe or fully believe. Jesus basically said there is no room for doubt, just believe. The father realized what he needed to do. He needed to depend on God and ask Him to get rid of his unbelief This man actually prayed for Jesus to help him. Mark 9:24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!" It's no different for us. As soon as doubt comes, ask God to take it away and put belief and trust in it's place. 

My thoughts can easily get away from God's ways. I have a pretty active imagination most days. While this is great for creativity and thinking up ways I want to write something or do a project, my crazy imagination can lead to thoughts that are not God honoring, trusting, or showing I believe in all He did, can do, and does for us. Quite often I find myself asking God to let my (wrong) thoughts be His thoughts and let His thoughts be my (now God-honoring) thoughts. Like the father from Mark 9, I also have to believe that #1 is in His loving hands and care. And when I start getting crazy thoughts of all that could happen I have to ask God to help with my lack of belief and remember that He is watching out for her. Everyday I have to make the choice to trust God and keep my heart, soul, and mind focused on Him. 

I may or may not be in contact with #1 any time soon but the great thing is that we both will be in contact with God every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week until we talk again. 

The World Race is all about sharing the love of Jesus in many ways, you can learn more here. If you want to learn more about God's love for you and knowing Jesus check out this and this.

Read more posts about the World Race.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments