The World Race - Week Three, A Matter Of Trust

On the World Race Parent Facebook Group I was reading about a racer in another country having health issues
. Her mother had asked for prayer for her because she was quite sick, not able to even keep water down without throwing up. Like many of the other parents I immediately started praying for the girl and her family. So many people gave the mother words of encouragement and Bible verses to help her through this time of not really knowing what was going on with her child. This was such a great example of how the Bible shows us to live and love.

I told #1 about the girl through messaging. A few hours later she got back to me. She was asking for prayer because she didn't feel well. She had an elevated temperature & couldn't put any water into her body without it coming back out immediately. Wow, that sounded familiar. So would I do like I prayed for the girl's mother to be able to do? To Trust God? Right then I had a choice to make. I could hang on to my belief that God had #1 in His care or I could go down the path of worrying. I chose to trust God. I asked family & the parents of the racers on her immediate team to pray for her. #1 messaged the next day saying she was feeling a little better but her team was still taking her to the clinic. She was diagnosed with the stomach flu & was given medicine for it. 

The next day I found out that #1's team had reached their limit for wifi use so we wouldn't be able to be in touch with each other for a time. So I am back to choosing to trust God or not. I don't know if she is feeling 100% better or not. I would like to know but I can't. I don't know anything that is going on with her. Proverbs 3:5,6 says "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and do lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make straight your paths" Once again I am choosing trust.

The World Race is all about sharing the love of Jesus in many ways, you can learn more here. If you want to learn more about God's love for you and knowing Jesus check out this and this.

Read more posts about the World Race. 

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Ashley1/25/2016

    Thank you for sharing your heart! I am so thankful you are able to choose to trust! It IS such a choice, right?! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete