RecipeReview Green Beans In Yellow Pepper Sauce

RecipeReview Green Beans In Yellow Pepper Sauce
Green Beans In Yellow Pepper Sauce
Source: Taste of Home
This is a tasty way to dress up green beans. I didn't have pine nuts so they weren't in my final product. I also didn't use a food processor. I just cooked my green beans in a
sauce pan while I sautéed my peppers in margarine in a skillet. I then added everything to the skillet and mixed it well. I saw another reviewer suggested using sunflower seed kernels in place of pine nuts which sounds like a great idea.

Green Beans In Yellow Pepper Sauce
2 medium sweet yellow peppers, divided
7 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed

Finely chop one yellow pepper. In a small skillet, saute pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Set aside.

Place the pine nuts, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining butter in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Add cooked pepper; cover and process until blended. Set butter mixture aside.

Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cut remaining pepper into thin strips; add to beans. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place vegetables in a large bowl; add butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC


tammycookblogsbooks recipe review rating 5/5

Visit www.tasteofhome.com to view the
Green Beans In Yellow Pepper Sauce  recipe and more on the website. 
 
Taste of Home Logo
:) Happy to be a Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor

You Might Also Like

0 Comments