BookReview/ReadAnExcerpt The Dawn of Christmas by Cindy Woodsmall

The Dawn of Christmas by Cindy Woodsmall
Read Publisher's Description
Sadie Yoder was an unwed Amish woman, past the age that most in her community married. Her family wanted nothing more for her than to
settle down. But she felt it was God’s calling to do mission work with the Mennonite church. Following God was the most important part of Sadie’s life. I found it very touching when she prayed and called God her most trusted friend. Levi Fisher also had no plans of ever getting married. He saw the hurt his ex-sister-in-law had caused and he wanted nothing to do with women. This story is about Sadie and Levi doing all they can to avoid romantic love.

A second storyline is that of Jonah and Beth. They had their own story in The Sound of Sleigh Bells. I enjoyed that book so I liked reading the continuation of their lives as they interacted with Levi and Sadie. A little snippet about Gideon and Mattie, from The Christmas Singing, is included as they are also a part of the Apple Ridge community. Even Aden and Annie, from The Scent of Cherry Blossoms, are mentioned. I would recommend reading all three of the above mentioned books.

The Dawn of Christmas is a novella. I took me two sittings to read this book. I didn’t want to put it down. The characters in the story are so likable. I wanted nothing but the best for them. This book is about God directing our paths if we follow Him and let Him lead us. Sadie wanted to do God’s will, even if at times she wasn’t sure if she was. This story is also about how God heals our hearts so we can open up to Him and those around us. I received a free copy of this book from Waterbrook Press in exchange for my honest review.

ReadAnExcerpt of The Dawn of Christmas by Cindy Woodsmall here.

  tammycookblogsbooks book rating 5/5

You Might Also Like

0 Comments