BookReview/ReadAnExcerpt Ties That Bind by Cindy Woodsmall


BookReview/ReadAnExcerpt Ties That Bind by Cindy Woodsmall
Ties That Bind
Read Publisher's Description
Cindy Woodsmall has written 17 books, I have read and enjoyed 14 of them. I was excited to see she was starting another series. ‘Ties That Bind’ is the first book in Woodsmall’s The Amish of Summer Grove series She has friends in Amish Mennonite and Old Order Amish families that help her authentically portray her characters. More about Cindy Woodsmall can be discovered here.

I think Woodsmall is trying to get us to look at how we live out our lives in the eyes of non-believers. If we are hypocrites, whether English or Amish, we can push people away from wanting to learn more about God. Also, we need to be praying (talking to God) all the time, not just when needs arise.

Woodsmall has created characters that I could not help but like and care for. From the beginning it was easy for me to see what was going to eventually happen. But there was so much more to this novel than the one predictable part of the story. This book is built around relationships and the love of family and God. The ending, which I think can be considered the beginning for the next book in the series, may be unrealistic for some. If you know enough about the Amish to understand their ways it should settle with you okay. This is not a stand-alone novel, do not plan on reading this book and being satisfied with the ending. I enjoyed this story and look forward to the rest of the series. I received a free copy of this book from Blogging For Books in exchange for my honest review.
Read an excerpt of 'Ties That Bind' here.

Amish of Summer Grove 
Ties That Bind - read my review here
Fraying at the Edge
- read my review here 
Gathering the Threads - read my review here


tammycookblogsbooks book rating 4/5

You Might Also Like

0 Comments