BookReview/ReadAnExcerpt The Plain Choice by Sherry Gore


BookReview/ReadAnExcerpt The Plain Choice by Sherry Gore
Read Publisher's Description
When I think about Sherry Gore, I picture a happy Amish woman who likes to cook. I know she is an author because I have read two of her books, Simply Delicious Amish Cooking and Made with Love. I assumed she was born Amish. Before I started reading A Plain Choice, what I did not know is the sad journey she has taken to get to her life in Pinecraft, Florida. I received a free copy of this book from BookLook Bloggers in exchange for my honest review.

To me, Gore's story shows how parents can affect their children in ways they may or may not even know or intend. More importantly, it shows that God is always there right in front of us, waiting for us to come to Him just as we are. He wants to transform us into something only He can,  but we have to ask Him to be a part of our life.

This book was engrossing, I read it in one day. I expected to read about Gore going through classes, learning German and the ways of the Amish, to become a member of the group. But instead, what I read were details of a heartbreaking life that lead her to make one bad choice after another. Her story has a happy ending because she found salvation in Jesus. I think you will enjoy Sherry's journey to the life that she feels God lead her to live.

Read an excerpt here.

tammycookblogsbooks book rating 5/5

You Might Also Like

0 Comments