BookReview/ReadAnExcerpt A Jewish Baker’s Pastry Secrets by George Greenstein


BookReview/ReadAnExcerpt  A Jewish Baker’s Pastry Secrets by George Greenstein

George Greenstein’s first cookbook was Secrets of a Jewish Baker. He wrote a manuscript for another cookbook that was not discovered until after his death in
2012. His two daughters, Elaine and Julia Greenstein, and a grandson, Isaac Bleicher, worked on getting this surprise find published. It became A Jewish Baker’s Pastry Secrets. I enjoy baking so I was eager to start going through this cookbook. I received this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for my honest review.

All the recipes in this book sound delicious. They are not quick to make though. Be prepared to spend some time on the creations that Greenstein offers. I like the “Baker’s Secrets” tips offered throughout the cookbook. I think the explanations of the tools, equipment and techniques needed for baking are helpful.
George Greenstein seems to be a person I would enjoy knowing. I like the stories he tells about each recipe that made it personal to him. There are no pictures in this cookbook, their addition would make it even better. The recipes’ directions are explained in detail. Greenstein shares his recipes with the hope that the reader will eventually be able to change them up to suit their tastes. If you are up for the challenge of creating a work of art while baking I would recommend this cookbook to you.
Read an excerpt here.

  tammycookblogsbooks book rating 5/5

You Might Also Like

0 Comments