BookReview & ReadAnExcerpt Made With Love by Tricia Goyer and Sherry Gore


BookReview Made With Love by Tricia Goyer and Sherry Gore
Made with Love
Publisher's Description
Made with Love is the collaboration of Tricia Goyer and Sherry Gore. I have been reading and enjoying Goyer’s books for a handful of years now. Writing Amish Fiction is only a part what she does. You can learn more about Tricia Goyer here. I read the ebook version of Simply Delicious Amish Cooking by Sherry Gore. I liked it so much I got the print copy to add my ever growing collection of cookbooks. Gore actually lives in Pinecraft, the geographical setting for Made with Love. Sherry Gore can be found here. I couldn’t wait to read Made with Love. I received a free copy of this book from Harvest House Publishers and the views expressed about it are my own.

In Made with Love, Lovina Miller and Noah Yoder are both recent transplants to Pinecraft, the eight block community of Amish and Mennonites located in Sarasota, Florida. Lovina’s dream is to open a pie shop, which seems impossible until she meets Noah. This story follows these two as they grow closer to each other and to God. I appreciated how the authors equated the love of Lovina's father for her to the real life truth of God's love for us.


I could not put this book down. It is a sweet romance with main characters that are just as endearing. I liked the authors’ use of an Amish Proverb at the beginning of each chapter and a recipe at the end. Something else I enjoyed was what one of the characters said about Amish Fiction books, I hope you catch it if you read Made with Love. I think readers will enjoy all the descriptions of the Pinecraft area and the goings on there. I would recommend this book to fans of Amish Fiction or even anyone who has yet to read this genre. More Amish Fiction is taking a turn away from the usual farm backdrop and I think readers will enjoy the story taking place somewhere besides a country setting.


Read an excerpt here.

The Pinecraft Pie Shop Series
Made with Love - read my review
Planted with Hope - read my review
Sewn with Joy - coming soon

tammycookblogsbooks book rating 5/5

You Might Also Like

0 Comments