BookReview The Berenstain Bears' Harvest Festival by Mike Berenstain


BookReview The Berenstain Bears' Harvest Festival
Read Publisher's Description
Mike Berenstain is the son of The Berenstain Bears' creators, Stan and Jan  Berenstain. Since both parents have passed away, Mike keeps their legacy alive with his
own adventures from the inhabitants of Bear Country. Learn more about Mike Berenstain and the Bear family here - be sure to click around, the site has more than meets the eye.

Harvest Festival shows the Bear family celebrating fall's arrival with members of their church. This book is about thanking God for his gifts. The illustrations are so colorful. I could see a younger child having fun picking out various items on each page. The descriptions of the season are real, they make me want to walk on the crunchy leaves of fall.

The characters looks haven't changed since I have read about them with my children in their younger years. There is a new addition to the family for me,  even though she was added in 2000. I first learned about Honey Bear in The Berenstain Bears'' Country Cookbook, released this year also. This is the first of the Living Light Series, introduced in 2008, that I have read. I received a free copy of Harvest Festival from BookLook Bloggers in exchange for my honest review. I am happy to see that the series is faith based. But I didn't care for the mention of mother nature working for God in this book. This could confuse children in my opinion. I always appreciated that there was a moral lesson in the books that I have read in the past. Harvest Festival lacks this, there is not really a plot. I was a disappointed with this book because of these two things. I think if your are looking for a cute book to get your young kids excited about fall this would be a good book but know that it is not written in the typical Berenstain Bears' fashion. 

tammycookblogsbooks book rating 3/5

You Might Also Like

0 Comments