MixingItUp Make Your Own Thin Mints


MixingItUp Make Your Own Thin Mints
Make Your Own Thin Mints
Source: tammycookblogsbooks
I have been a fan of Thin Mints since I was a child. Twenty plus years ago my mom told me about her church making a homemade version of this treat for a cookie swap. I decided to figure out a recipe and this is what I came up with. A few tips - Be sure to put the cookies on a sheet of wax paper. This makes it very easy to get off the baking sheet. Also, these are best kept in the freezer in my opinion, they get a little melty if not.

Make Your Own Thin Mints
1 - 2 sleeves of Ritz type crackers
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
3 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract

In a double boiler melt the chocolate chips. Add the vegetable oil and peppermint extract; stir into the melted chocolate. Place one cracker at a time in the minty chocolate mixture. With a fork flip cracker over to coat both sides. Hold the fully coated cracker on the fork. Shake excess minty chocolate mixture off the cracker by gently tapping the fork on the side of double boiler. Place minty chocolate covered cracker on a baking sheet covered with wax paper. Put in the freezer to harden. Keep the Make Your Own Thin Mints in a sealed container in freezer for best results.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments