BookReview A Promise of Grace by Lynette Sowell

BookReview A Promise of Grace by Lynette Sowell
Read 
Publisher's Description
In 2010, Lynette Sowell researched the Amish and Mennonite community in Pinecraft, which is located in Sarasota, Florida. This is where she based her latest series, Seasons in Pinecraft. A Promise of Grace is book three in the series. Read more about Lynette Sowell here. Having not read anything by Sowell I didn’t know if I would enjoy her style of storytelling. I am glad I decided to read this book. Now I would
also like to read the two previous books in the series. I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
 
The story is told from the viewpoint of Silas Fry & Rochelle Keim. They were once a couple, before Silas married his deceased wife. The two are now trying to forge a new relationship but keep getting stuck in the past. The author put a twist on the story by having the characters go between the present and the past. This worked well to get the background of the various relationships of the characters because only seeing the present did not show me the details that took them to their current life. I thought I knew what was going on with the past events then the author threw in just the right words to have me second guess myself 


There are great secondary characters that welcomed me into the story. Everyone in this novel has flaws that kept them real for me. Silas and Rochelle are both dedicated to their faith and love for the ways of God. It is shown in the way they react to life and others. I liked them right off the bat. There are heartbreaking issues and dilemmas for the characters that have changed them, both good and bad. There is a lot to overcome for the characters to get their happily ever after.

I enjoyed the ending and wanted more, I did not want to put this book down.  The scene descriptions give me the feeling of being in Pinecraft and I feel more acquainted with the area. I first heard of this Amish and Mennonite community when I read “A Stranger’s Gift” by Anna Schmidt. I would like to visit the area someday. I enjoyed getting a look at Pinecraft through the eyes of another writer. I learned interesting things about the community while reading A Promise of Grace. The only reason I stopped reading this book was because I had to eat and sleep. I think fans of Amish/Mennonite Fiction, more specifically Romance, will enjoy this novel, I know I did.

Seasons in Pinecraft Series
A Season of Change
A Path Made Plain
A Promise of Grace - read an excerpt 


tammycookblogsbooks book rating 5/5 

You Might Also Like

0 Comments