MixingItUp Fixing a Ripped Shower Curtain


MixingItUp Fixing a Ripped Shower Curtain
Source: tammycookblogsbooks
You never know what you will find here on MixingItUp. Today I have a simple and inexpensive fix for a ripped shower curtain. I really like this shower curtain. My
neighbor L gave it to me before we moved. It was getting all ripped up on the bottom and sides after more than 5 years of use. I did not want to get a new one so I turned to the fix-all item - Duct Tape. 

First I wiped off all the grime and let it dry. I did the sides first, one at a time and then the top and then bottom. I started on the back of the shower curtain. I left about 1/4 of an inch overhang as I put the tape on as evenly as it is possible. The overhang got pressed to the front after all the tape was stuck on the part I was working on. If you want the tape to lay perfect flat on the shower curtain, accept this fact upfront - It won't. I then turned the shower curtain with the front facing me and did the same process with the duct tape overhanging so I could press that to the back. I used the tape on the back as a guide. 

I am happy with the way my shower curtain ended up looking. I was able to keep it a little longer and save money because I didn't buy a new one. The cost of the duct tape was minimal compared to cost of a new shower curtain.

Have you ever fixed anything with duct tape that turned out good? Let us know about it here.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments