BookReview The Decision by Wanda Brunstetter

The Decision by Wanda Brunstetter
Read
Publisher's Description
I like Amish Fiction, so it is the genre I choose to read over others. I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review. I enjoy reading Wanda E. Brunstetter’s books. She doesn’t always stick with the boy meets girls story line that is happily-ever-after. I like how she includes issues that are not typically written about in Amish Fiction.
 
In The Decision, two characters are dealing with health issues that
are debilitating. The story goes between Elaine and Jonah. A lot of it is what they are thinking. Even with that, Jonah was a little harder for me to connect with. I’m not sure why because he was a caring person.

The author described the characters and scenes in a simple way that made them easy to picture. She didn’t use big, fancy words to explain them. The story goes along at a good pace, and I was surprised at the ending. Edna and Sara had medical issues, and the portrayal of their illnesses seemed accurate. Having all the same medical issues in my family, I could see where Edna and Sara were headed.

Elaine was an unselfish person. She refused to break her promise, even if it meant she wouldn’t have the desires of her heart. Elaine gave up everything to care for her grandmother. I wanted her to get something back for such devotion. Things didn’t turn out the as I assumed they would. It seemed to be a kick in the teeth for a certain character. 

Prayer is important in this story. So was God’s inkling to pray or do for others. When events turned out in a good way, it was because others were lead to pray or do for those involved. Scripture is quoted throughout the story as it relates to the characters’ lives.

The Decision kept my interest until the end. I can’t wait for the next book in the series.

Prairie State Friends Series
The Decision - read my review here
The Gift - released on 08/04/15

Check out The Discovery – A Lancaster County Saga Serial Novel here also by Wanda Brunstetter. You can read an excerpt or reviews of the books in this series. 

tammycookblogsbooks book rating 4.5/5
I give this a 4.5 rating
If you have read any of Wanda Brunstetter's books let us know your thoughts about them in the comment section below.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments