MixingItUp My Cuckoo Clock

MixingItUp My Cuckoo Clock
Source: tammycookblogsbooks
You never know what you will find here on MixingItUp. Today I have a story about my cuckoo clock.
tammycookblogsbooks my cuckoo clock
my cuckoo clock
Source: tammycookblogsbooks
tammycookblogsbooks drawing of cuckoo clock
drawing of cuckoo clock
Source: tammycookblogsbooks

I have always been a fan of cuckoo clocks. My cousin and her husband had one that I really liked as a child. I told the bearded one this and he got me a cuckoo clock for Christmas in 2010. He took me to the store & I got to pick it out myself. There were probably about 8 or so different clocks and almost as many different styles. The first picture above is my awesome cuckoo clock! I didn't know at the time why I chose this one but I knew I was drawn to it at the store. Fast forward a few years. My oldest daughter was looking at one of my favorite books that I have had since the 70s; 'Twas the Night Before Christmas by Clement Moore. She noticed the resemblance to the clock drawing in that book (see second picture above) and my cuckoo clock. I have read that book almost every Christmas since I was a young child. The funny thing is that I didn't remember there being a cuckoo clock in that book even when my daughter showed it to me. There is no doubt now as to why I choose my clock over the several I saw at the store that day. The brain is amazing. From looking at that book for so many years I guess my brain recalled it but I didn't even know that I did. I really enjoying hearing my little cuckoo every half and full hour :)

You Might Also Like

0 Comments