BookReview Trisha's Table: My Feel-Good Favorites for a Balanced Life by Trisha Yearwood


BookReview Trisha's Table: My Feel-Good Favorites for a Balanced Life by Trisha Yearwood
Read
 Publisher's Description
I have enjoyed watching Tricia Yearwood’s cooking show which is why I wanted to read her newest cookbook, trisha’s table. In this collection, Yearwood creates healthier versions of classic recipes. I think she did a good job of remaking many recipes that were not as healthy as they could be.

There are photos for most of the recipes. If by just reading the recipe you aren’t thinking it will be good, the photo will convince
you. The ingredients needed will probably be in your pantry or can easily be found at the grocery store. With every recipe, Yearwood adds a personal story about that recipe. This was my favorite part of the cookbook. I enjoyed learning about the person who gave her the recipe and/or the story behind it. I can’t forget all the great tips she included. Who knew one could make confectioners’ sugar at home? There are also several personal pictures with friends and family throughout the cookbook.

I make a lot of the recipes in here, only the classic version, not the better-for-you version. I like the looks of Yearwood’s remakes of them. I guess I am more of a southern cook than I knew. I didn’t see one recipe that was not appealing. I have never tried tofu but even those recipes looked and read like they would be tasty. I think this book has an appeal for several types of people; those who are fans of Yearwood as a singer, as a cooking show host, and/or those looking for recipes to live a healthier lifestyle. I would recommend it to them or anyone who enjoys a well-written cookbook.

tammycookblogsbooks 5/5 book rating

 I received a free copy of this book 
in exchange for my honest review.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments