MixingItUp DIY Kitchen Aid Mixing Bowl Cover


MixingItUp DIY Kitchen Aid Mixing Bowl Cover
Source: tammycookblogsbooks

You never know what you will find here on MixingItUp. Today I have a tip to keep flour from flying out of your stand mixer when you turn it on. I use this for my Kitchen
Aid Stand Mixer but this will work for any stand mixer, just be sure the hole size accommodates the beaters when they are moving

Even though I had my mixer on the lowest speed the flour still got all over the place. I was getting very frustrated so I came up with this. I used an aluminum foil pie plate (that was already in my cupboard) and cut out the center a little bigger than the part of the mixer that the beater is attached to. Be careful, the cut edges are sharp.

MixingItUp DIY Kitchen Aid Mixing Bowl Cover - uncut pie tin
Source: tammycookblogsbooks
MixingItUp DIY Kitchen Aid Mixing Bowl Cover - cut pie tin
Source: tammycookblogsbooks
To use: Before I put on the beater I slide on the cut pie plate upside down. After the beater is in place the cut pie plate will be on top of  the beater. When you turn on the mixer be sure to hold the pie plate down so there is not a gap between it and the mixing bowl. Finally, no more flour all over your counter.

MixingItUp DIY Kitchen Aid Mixing Bowl Cover - cut pie tin on mixer
Source: tammycookblogsbooks

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Lauren3/09/2015

    Nice DIY idea. Thank you for the awesome tutorial.
    I shared this post on DIY best posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it :) I enjoy using my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer and this makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete