RecipeReview Taste of Home Slow-Cooked Pork Chops & Scalloped Potatoes

Slow Cooked Pork Chops Recipe photo by Taste of Home
I really like scalloped potatoes. When I saw this recipe with pork instead of ham, I was excited to try it. The pork gives this dish such a different flavor. The sauce that this dish makes is tasty, so much so that it will be the only recipe I use for scalloped potatoes (with or without meat) from now on. Any food that has the words "reduced" or "fat-free" is not for me. When I made this recipe I used ingredients that were not the healthier versions. I also used salt according to my tastes, not following the recipe - meat and potatoes need a good amount of salt to be tasty in my opinion.

Slow-Cooked Pork Chops & Scalloped Potatoes
4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)

1 tablespoon canola oil
2 large onions, sliced and separated into rings
2 teaspoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup fat-free milk

Place potatoes in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil in batches.

Place chops over potatoes. Saute onions in drippings until tender; place over chops. Melt butter in skillet. Combine the flour, salt, pepper and broth until smooth. Stir into pan. Add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.


Pour sauce over onions. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until pork is tender. Skim fat and thicken cooking juices if desired. Yield: 6 servings. 
Visit www.tasteofhome.com to view the Slow Cooked Pork Chops and more on the website.  




:) Happy to be a Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor

You Might Also Like

0 Comments