Plain Peace by Beth Wiseman

Anna Byler lives in Paradise, Pa with her strict grandfather, who is the Bishop and her grandmother, who is keeping many secrets from him. When Anna takes a romantic interest in Jacob Hostetler, whose family is new to the area, her grandfather forbids her to be with him. Anna struggles as she wants to be with Jacob and tries to be the granddaughter she was raised to be. Jacob and his family are hiding their own secrets, hoping their past will stay back in Ohio.

Being truthful in relationships is the focus of Plain Peace. Offering forgiveness to those that have wronged us is also a theme. The main plot of the story is of Anna and Jacob's relationship but there are several other interesting subplots interwoven into the story.

Plain Peace is the sixth book in The Daughters of Promise Series. Each book in the series shows a woman discovering the meaning of faith, hope, and love as she is on her journey in the Amish community. I haven't read any other books in the series and I had no trouble understanding anything about the area or the characters in Plain Peace.  As I read I met characters and their learned about stories from the previous books, it made me want to read the rest of the series to find out more about them.

I really enjoyed this book. Beth Wiseman is an Amish fiction author that I always like reading. You can read my reviews from her other books here:

The Daughters of Promise Series:
Plain Perfect
Plain Pursuit
Plain Promise
Plain Paradise
Plain Proposal
Plain Peace

I received a free copy of this book from BookSneeze and Thomas Nelson in exchange for my honest review.


You Might Also Like

0 Comments