The Pieces Of Summer by Wanda E. Brunstetter

In Bird-In-Hand, PA friends and family have been pitching in to help pregnant Meredith Stolzfus since her husband Luke was killed in a bus accident. With the baby’s due date fast approaching Meredith wishes that Luke could be around for their baby. Meredith’s childhood friend Jonah Byler regrets never letting her know he was interested in her when they were younger.

Eddie, a patient that came to the hospital in Philadelphia, Pa as a John Doe is no longer in a coma. Susan, his nurse, has been praying for his recovery since he arrived in January. She has also become quite attached to him. Eddie begins to recovery physically but can’t recall anything from his past.

This novella seems more slow moving than the first three. The ending will leave you hanging with a little unexpected excitement.

If you have read this series from the beginning you know about Eddie. If you haven’t, there are spoilers to follow. As I’m reading I’m trying to figure out how everything is going to work out. As of now, Eddie has no idea that he is Amish. I question how his haircut didn’t give it away since most people don’t get haircuts like the Amish.  I’m sure Wanda Brunstetter has an ending that is not expected because the obvious ending would be that Eddie fully recovers his memory. Which means Meredith and Luke are reunited. But Jonah is falling more in love with Meredith and will probably tell her soon. I can’t wait to see how everything works out in the end.

Readers may not like that this is not an entire book. This story is a novella and is meant read to be with the rest of the series. You won’t learn much from just reading this novella by itself.

The Discovery – A Lancaster County Saga Serial Novel:



#1 Goodbye to Yesterday - read my review here




#2 The Silence of Winter - read my review here




#3 The Hope of Spring - read my review here




#4 The Pieces of Summer - read my review here




#5 A Revelation in Autumn  - read my review here



#6 A Vow for Always - read my review here
The Discovery Saga - read an excerpt here 

I received a copy of this book from Barbour Publishing Inc. and The Christian Manifesto in exchange for my honest review.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments