RecipeReview Inside-out Stuffed Peppers

7/12/2013


I made this for dinner last night but forgot to get a picture before it was all gone. I have been making this recipe since 1997 when my Aunt C gave me a copy of the Taste of Home June/July 1995 issue that it is in. What drew me to it was how easy the recipe is. To make it even easier and a one pot dish, brown the ground beef in an oven proof dutch oven. As my family has grown I have adapted the recipe. I now use 2 pounds of ground beef and I use 2 (14.5 ounce) cans of diced tomatoes instead of one can of stewed tomatoes.  Below is the original recipe:

Inside-out Stuffed Peppers
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up 
1 large green pepper, chopped 
1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice 
1/2 cup water 
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/4 teaspoon pepper 
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. casserole. Add the next eight ingredients.

Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the rice is tender. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings

  tammycookblogsbooks Recipe Rating 5/5

Visit www.tasteofhome.com to view the Inside-out Stuffed Peppers and more.

Taste Of Home Logo
 :) Happy to be a Taste of Home  
Volunteer Field Editor

You Might Also Like

0 Comments