A Vow For Always by Wanda E. Brunstetter

In Bird-In-Hand, PA Meredith Stolzfus has agreed to marry childhood friend, Jonah Miller. With her husband Luke having died nearly a year ago, she thinks she’s ready to commit again.

Eddie already remembered his name is “Luke” and is now slowly recovering bits and pieces of his memory while living at the Bailey’s house in Philadelphia, PA. Susan Bailey, who has fallen in love with him, is devastated when Luke remembers that he is married.

How frustrating it must have been for Luke not being able to fully recover his memory all at once. When I discovered that Meredith and Jonah were going to marry I figured Luke would be cutting it close when he fully recovered his memory. I just didn’t know how close!

Meredith and Luke, although separate from one another, were still listening to God and being lead by him. Not knowing his past, Luke knew he shouldn’t get involved with Susan even though he was falling for her. Meredith was not one hundred percent sure she should be marrying Jonah.

Jonah, since he was introduced, has been a God-honoring man. His reaction to Luke being alive was no surprise, especially when he realized that he actually had met Luke when he was younger. This earlier meeting gives an interesting twist to the story that I didn’t expect.

I couldn’t imagine the story ending any other way than the way it did. From the very first novella I knew there would be a happy ending. I just didn’t always know how Wanda Brunstetter would get there.

While I liked The Discovery Series as a whole, I didn’t care for it being in six different novellas. It would have been much better as one novel. I read other books throughout the month so it was hard to remember from month to month what I previously read. Regardless of this, I always enjoy Wanda E. Brunstetter and her simple, style of writing.
 
The Discovery – A Lancaster County Saga Serial Novel:


#1 Goodbye to Yesterday - read my review here


#2 The Silence of Winter - read my review here


#3 The Hope of Spring - read my review here


#4 The Pieces of Summer - read my review here


#5 A Revelation in Autumn - read my review here


#6 A Vow for Always - read my review here
The Discovery Saga - read an excerpt here

I received a copy of this book from Barbour Publishing Inc. and The Christian Manifesto in exchange for my honest review.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments