AllThingsVintage Recipe Marble Cake

AllThingsVintage Recipe Marble Cake
photo from tammycookblogsbooks.blogspot.com
This Marble Cake is from Grandma H's recipe book. I make this cake often. But I haven't made too many recipes from the recipe book. I find the recipes interesting but they are not very appealing to me, like this one -Vintage Heinz Cooked Spaghetti Recipe - Spaghetti Meat Loaf.

The first time I made the Marble Cake though I knew it was a keeper. The picture is hard to read so I've including the exact directions below. Notice the ingredient list calls for butter or margarine (spelled with no "e"at the end) but the recipe says "cream shortening". I bake it about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted  in the center comes out clean. Enjoy.

Marble Cake
1/2 cup butter or margarin
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teasopoon vanilla
2 cups sifted flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
4 tablespoons cocoa
2 tablespoons milk

Grease and line a 10-inch tube pan. Cream shortening with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Mix and sift together flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with 3/4 cup milk to creamed mixture. beating until smooth. Pour half the batter in another bowl; beat in cocoa and 2 tablespoons milk mixed together. Put alternate spoonfuls of light and dark batter into pan. Bake in moderate oven, 350 degrees F., for 40 to 45 minutes. Turn upside down on rack to cool.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments