The Silence Of Winter by Wanda E. Brunstetter

Now that Meredith Stolzfus, from Bird-In-Hand, PA,  knows that her husband Luke has been killed in a bus wreck she tries to continue on without him, for herself and their baby. She decides the best way to do that is to stay busy. She also meets up with Jonah Miller, an old friend. 

Meanwhile, Susan Bailey is introduced. She is a single, 28 year old nurse in Philadelphia, PA. Susan has a patient, “Eddie” as she calls him that is in a coma. He came in as a John Doe. She feels the need to pray for him a lot.

I felt bad for Meredith as she was working through her depression. I was glad she had Frisk, her dog, to talk to and care for.

Susan is a good example of how we should pray – always and for everything.

Readers may not like that this is not an entire book. This story is a novella and is meant read to be with the rest of the series. You won’t learn much from just reading this novella by itself.

Wanda Brunstetter has a simple writing style that I enjoy.

This story shows that if we trust God with our lives he will take care of us.

The Discovery – A Lancaster County Saga Serial Novel:
#1 Goodbye to Yesterday - read my review here
#2 The Silence of Winter - read my review here
#3 The Hope of Spring - read my review here
#4 The Pieces of Summer - read my review here
#5 A Revelation in Autumn - read my review here
#6 A Vow for Always - read my review here
The Discovery Saga - read an excerpt here

I received a copy of this book from Barbour Publishing Inc. and The Christian Manifesto in exchange for my honest review.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments