RecipeReview Strawberry-Orange Spinach Salad

RecipeReview Strawberry-Orange Spinach Salad
Strawberry-Orange Spinach Salad
Source: Taste of Home
We moved to a new town in August of 2009. #1 had a band dinner right before school started. Everyone brought a potluck dish. I always enjoy trying other people's recipes so I was excited to go. That's when I had sweet Strawberry Spinach Salad for the first time. I've had Strawberry Spinach Salad before but none with sugar involved. I really liked it. I didn't know anyone there so I couldn't ask for the recipe. I did the next best thing, I went to www.tasteofhome.com and looked it up. 

Strawberry Spinach Salad
8 cups torn fresh spinach
1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
1/4 cup onion, julienned
dressing:
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon paprika

Combine all the dressing ingredients and mix well. Add spinach, strawberries. mandarin oranges and onions to a large bowl. Pour mixed dressing over all and stir together. Serve immediately.
*This recipe is adapted from Taste of Home's Strawberry Spinach Salad recipe.


  tammycookblogsbooks Recipe Rating 5/5

Visit tasteofhome.com to view the Strawberry-Orange Spinach Salad recipe and more.
   
Taste Of Home Logo
 :) Happy to be a Taste of Home  
Volunteer Field Editor

You Might Also Like

0 Comments