Make Your Own Spray Starch

tammycookblogsbooks.blogspot.com
When I first started ironing I used the spray starch in an aerosol can. Then I discovered the concentrated liquid starch that I mixed myself. This was more economical that the aerosol can. As I was searching for homemade recipes of items that I often use I happily discovered that I could actually make my own spray starch. It only has two ingredients and it's chemical free - something needed in my household full of allergy sufferers. Another benefit is that it is inexpensive to make. I bought the spray bottle for $1 and I always have cornstarch because I use it for cooking. Below is the recipe that I make. My husband's dress shirts are crisper looking and it seems easier to iron with this spray starch. I was concerned it would leave marks on dark shirts but it didn't. I used a teaspoon that is used for eating for my recipe.

Homemade Spray Starch
1 heaping teaspoon cornstarch
1 cup of water

Put cornstarch and water into a new spray bottle. Shake the ingredients together until they are mixed. The spray starch will separate as it sits so shake it periodically while you are ironing.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments