Adoring Addie by Leslie Gould

5/20/2013

Addie Cramer is raising a family and taking care of a household. The problem is that she’s only eighteen years old. While she doesn’t complain about all the work her parents have her do, she longs for a husband and children of her own to care for. Lately,  she has also been wondering how she will know when she’s found the right guy. Then she met Jonathan Mosier. But she can’t be falling in love with a member of a family that her parents detest can she?

Jonathan Mosier is nothing but a perfect gentleman who loves God and follows his ways. I enjoyed how Jonathan shared his faith with Addie and it helped with her walk with God. Addie is the only daughter of seven children. The responsibilities of the household fall on her shoulders due to the fact that her family is very dysfunctional. I was truly annoyed at the way Addie’s parents treated her.

Since Adoring Addie is based on the play Romeo and Juliet I was wondering how it was going to end since Romeo and Juliet both die at the end of their story. I won’t tell the ending but I can say at one point there is a very tense moment that had me turning the pages to discover what was going to happen. I was glad that Leslie Gould included an epilogue so I knew how the characters’ stories continued.

Like Romeo and Juliet, Adoring Addie had to come to an end. There was really only one person whose story wrapped up a little too easily and quickly for me. It was Addie’s brother Timothy and his reaction to Jonathan’s cousins, Marvin and Mervin,  and also to his parent’s confrontation. His responses don't seem realistic.

Addie was introduced in Courting Cate, the first book in The Courtships of Lancaster County Series . Since I enjoyed Courting Cate and learned a little about Addie in that book I couldn't wait to read Adoring Addie. I look forward to reading more by Leslie Gould.

The Courtships of Lancaster County Series
#1 Courting Cate

#2 Adoring Addie

I received a free copy of this book from and Bethany House and The Christian Manifesto in exchange for my honest review.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments