A Christmas Home by Greg Kincaid

3/04/2013

Todd McCray is a kind, young man who has developmental delays. His loving parents never let his handicap define who he is. He works at the local animal shelter in town. When the city needs to cuts expenses, the shelter is one of the places they can no longer fund. Todd, the staff, and volunteers quickly set out on a mission to find homes for all the cats and dogs.

In A Christmas Home Todd takes another step towards independence from his parents. He also starts to experience feelings for his good friend Laura that are different than any he's felt before.

This book is an uplifting tale of love for friends, family, and pets. I didn't read the first book, A Dog Named Christmas, but I did see the Hallmark movie made about it. I would recommend watching it. The only problem with my seeing the movie is that Todd is portrayed as being more delayed there than in A Christmas Home. This made it hard for me to believe that some of what he experienced in this book could actually happen. But It didn't affect me enjoying the sweet story of Todd and his dog, family, and friends.
  
Books in this series:
A Dog Named Christmas
Christmas with Tucker
A Christmas Home

Read an excerpt here.

Visit Greg Kincaid's website here
  
I received a free copy of this book from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishers in exchange for my honest review.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments