The One Year Father-Daughter Devotions by Tyndale House Publishers

Our family has done devotions together every morning before school since our oldest daughter started kindergarten in 1998. We feel it is important to start the day with God being foremost in our minds. I was excited to see a devotional designed specifically for fathers and daughters, since we have all girls.
  
The devotion section is 2 to 4 paragraphs long. It uses an interesting story, fact or anecdote related to the verse for the day. There is a discussion/question section, called Daddy-Daughter Time, for the parent and child to talk about/do together. It involves more in-depth talking, thinking, and/or activities.

We all do the devotion section in the morning. I personally like devotions that deal with actual stories from the Bible but I find these devotions interesting. The problem is that they don't stick in my mind throughout the day. Our high school age daughters don't seem interested in this devotional. It is geared for ages 10 -14 years old so that makes sense. But our 9 and 11 year old daughters don't seemed interested either. My husband and daughters haven't done any of the discussion/question section activities yet. I was hoping my family would enjoy this devotional more.

I like that this devotional is helping grow the father-daughter relationship. While it didn't hit the mark for us, it doesn't mean that another family won't enjoy it.

I received a free copy of this book from Tyndale House Publishers in exchange for my honest review.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments