FromMyKitchen Easy Beets

photo by tammycookblogsbooks.blogspot.com
My Aunt C. has canned beets from her garden for as long as I can remember. Every year I couldn't wait to go to her house and sample her goods. When I became an adult I no longer lived in the same area as my aunt. This meant that I only got her beets about once a year. Several years ago I came up with a decent substitute for her beets that doesn't involve canning. It only has three ingredients, it can't get any easier!

Easy Beets
2 (15 oz) can of beets, keep the juice from 1 can of beets - this is about 1 cup of beet juice
1/4 cup white granulated sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar

Pour one can of beets, juice and all into a bowl. Pour just the beets from the other can of beets into the bowl. Add the sugar and vinegar, mix well. Cover the bowl tightly. Let this sit overnight in the refrigerator for best results. Stir before serving. Keep leftovers refrigerated. 

I try to use less sugar when I cook. If this is not sweet enough for you, just double the sugar and vinegar.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments