FromMyKitchen Hot Chipped Ham Salad Sandwiches

Your local newspaper is a great place to find tried and true recipes. I collected some of my favorite recipes from the holiday recipe contest section of the local papers from 3 different towns I lived in. Here is one of those recipes that I adapted to met my family's taste.

Hot Chipped Ham Salad Sandwiches
1/2 pound chipped ham, cut into bite size pieces
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup onion, chopped
4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 cup ketchup
14 rolls, split or 14 slices of bread

In a bowl, mix all the above ingredients, except rolls/bread . Place equal amounts on each roll or slice of bread. Place filled rolls or bread, folded taco style, in a baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 14 sandwiches. If you prefer your rolls/bread not browned on the top from the oven, cover with foil before baking. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Most recipes I've seen like this individually wrap each sandwich before baking. I'm making fourteen sandwiches so it's more economical to just cover the baking dish with one sheet of aluminum foil than to wrap each sandwich in it's own foil.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments