InTheKitchen Waffles - Tip and Homemade Recipe

6/22/2012

InTheKitchen Waffles - Tip and Homemade Recipe
For lump-free waffles with very little mess, mix all ingredients in a blender. Pour the batter straight from the blender onto the waffle iron.

This recipe is from More-with-Less  by Doris Janzen Longacre. I use it every time I make waffles or pancakes. I store the dry mix in a sealed bag in a recycled pickle jar right on my counter top.

Waffle Mix
6 cups flour
1 Tbsp salt
6 Tbsp baking powder
6 Tbsp sugar
2 cups powdered milk
Mix well and store in an airtight container. I use a Ziploc-type bag with "To Use" instructions written in permanent marker on the front. This can be used for pancakes also.

To Use:
Combine in a bowl (or blender as suggested above):
1 egg (beat with a fork) *
1 cup water
2 Tbsp oil
1  1/2 cup waffle mix
Pour onto waffle iron.  

*The egg can be left out.
Serves  3 - 4

You Might Also Like

3 Comments

  1. What a good idea to put it in a blender! I would've never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just read about using the blender too (of all things in a magazine from 1993!) and wanted to share the great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have great recipe idea's, I really like this blog! :) best recipe books provide more detail about different -2 recipes .

    ReplyDelete