Author Jessica Nelson Is Here Today




Jessica Nelson's debut book, Love On The Range, was released this month.

Jessica, in keeping with her romantic inclinations, married two days after she graduated high school. She believes romance happens every day, and thinks the greatest, most intense romance comes from a God who woos people to himself with passionate tenderness. When Jessica is not chasing her three beautiful, wild little boys around the living room, she can be found staring into space as she plots her next story. Or she might be daydreaming about a raspberry mocha from Starbucks. Or thinking about what kind of chocolate she should have for dinner that night. She could be thinking of any number of things, really. One thing is for certain, she is blessed with a wonderful family and a lovely life.



About the book: Any other socialite would view being packed off to a remote Oregon ranch as a punishment. But Gracelyn Riley knows that this is her opportunity to become a real reporter. If she can make her name through an interview with the elusive hero known as Striker, then she’ll never have to depend on anyone ever again.


Rancher Trevor Cruz can’t believe his secret identity is being endangered by an overly chatty city girl. But if there’s one thing he knows, it’s that Gracie’s pretty little snooping nose is bound to get her in trouble. So he’ll use her determination to find “Striker” to keep an eye on her…and stick close by her side.

Read an excerpt here.

Enter to win a copy of this book at Goodreads.

What people are saying about Love On The Range:


"This book was a delight to read."
"I also enjoyed the history that was woven into the plot."
"I fell in love with Gracie from the very beginning."
 Read full reviews here


TCBB: Jessica, we are so glad to have you here :)

Jessica: Hi everyone! Big thanks to Tammy for inviting me to post on her lovely blog. Since this blog is about the Proverbs 31 woman and books, I thought I might meld the two a bit.

I think most women who’ve read the 31st chapter of Proverbs might have cringed a bit. Or maybe it was just me, back when I was eighteen and I realized I didn’t know how to sew. Suddenly this lovely, supposed-to-be-inspiring chapter became a source of guilt for me. As a young wife, there were things I didn’t like doing. I didn’t like to sew, to plant, to buy and I really, really did not like to cook. Eeps!

And so I avoided this chapter. 

My early 20th century heroine, Gracie, in Love On The Range tries to sew but is horrible at it. She has neither the talent nor the interest. As the writer, I like Gracie the way she is but I gave her room to grow. At the beginning of the book she’s a little snobbish, doesn’t really stretch her very-rich hands out to the poor and she tends to say what she thinks (which can sometimes come out unkindly or lacking wisdom). But I saw that these were areas where she could improve and I worked that into her character arc. Will she ever sew pants for herself? Probably not. And yet I’m very happy with her and think she’ll make the hero a lovely wife. (no spoiler, it’s a romance so you know there has to be a HEA) :)

Sometimes, now that I’m older, I wonder if God feels the same toward us.

Maybe Proverbs 31 is less a checklist and more a showcasing of one woman using her God-given talents to bless others? What do you have in common with the Proverbs 31 woman? In which areas would you like to see yourself grow?

TCBB: Please feel free to leave Jessica a comment or ask her any questions, she'll be here to respond to them. Be sure to pick up a copy of Love On The Range. You'll enjoy reading it and getting to know it's characters. Who knew I'd be rooting for a snob? This is an Inspirational Romance, you know what's going to happen in the end. But you'll like getting there. With her description of the area, Jessica makes you feel as if you are in the Oregon desert along with the characters.  P.S. Jessica forgot to mention that Gracie liked to eat chocolate, like someone else here (hint, it's not me!)

You Might Also Like

5 Comments

  1. Love Jessica and chocolate too. So, so happy for her! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you stopped by Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Tammy! Yes, me and chocolate are great friends. ;-)
    Thank you so much for the wonderful post and links you provided. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane!! *waving* Diane has been known to mail chocolate. She's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica, Thanks for doing a guest post :-)

    ReplyDelete