BOOK REVIEW Longing by Karen Kingsbury

Bailey Flanigan had finally fulfilled her dream of being on Broadway. She was living in New York and in the Broadway production of Hairspray. She was dating Brandon Paul. She met him on the set on Unlocked, a movie they both starred in. He had become a Christian because of her witnessing to him while they were working together. When she was on the set of Unlocked, she had been dating Cody Coleman. She loved Cody since she was a teenager. When Cody broke things off, she started to date Brandon. Cody began dating Cheyenne. The whole premise of Longing is whether Bailey will go back to Cody or stay with Brandon. With each chapter, Karen Kingsbury has you guessing which guy she chooses.

Longing is the third book in the Bailey Flanigan Series. I didn't read the first two books, I'm not sure I'll read the fourth book in the series. I have never read anything by Karen Kingsbury. I do think she is a good writer, making the reader wanting to keep reading until they find out what's going on. After I finished Longing, all I could think was that Bailey was a little too perfect. What I found hard to read was the way Brandon kept calling Bailey "baby." It got to be annoying, it made me question his true motives with her. I was also quite confused with chapter 10 about the Baxters. It was about characters that were not mentioned before this point.

The plotline of Cheyenne truly touched my heart. I was crying as I read more and more of her journey in this book. I like how Karen Kingsbury uses "Forever In Fiction", the real-life story of a reader to be God-inspiring in her stories. An explanation can be found at the beginning of the book. Bailey and her family try their best to follow what the Bible says how a Christian should live. This book would be inspiring for teens/young adults because of Bailey's age and circumstances.

I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley for my honest opinion.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments