RECIPES Jessie's Eggnog

My family likes eggnog but I don't like all the unnecessary ingredients it has when it's bought from the store. Making this myself ensures that I know everything that is in it. 

My children enjoy reading The Boxcar Children series. I found this recipe in one of the books. I'm not sure which book though, I just photocopied the page with the recipe on it. This is not my recipe.

From The Boxcar Children Series

Jessie's Eggnog (1 serving)

1 egg
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup cold milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 dash nutmeg

1. Put egg, sugar, and milk in a saucepan. Mix with wire whisk.

2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the egg mixture starts to coat the whisk or begins to steam. Do NOT let the mixture boil or it may curdle. Stir in vanilla.

3. Pour the mixture into a glass or plastic bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Cool in the refrigerator. Before serving, stir with a wire whisk. Pour eggnog into mugs and sprinkle nutmeg on top.

This recipe always turns out great. I have never had a problem with it.



You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. Thank you!! I tried this recipe years ago and loved it. Thank you for posting this so I could find it again! :P

    ReplyDelete