FromMyKitchen Homemade Salsa

10/20/2011

FromMyKitchen Homemade Salsa
Source: tammycookblogsbooks
My family really enjoys salsa on everything. We like to eat it year 'round. A few years back, my friend and I canned salsa together. It was fun and it was the first time I made my own salsa. Now, homemade is all I want to have. You don't have to can this recipe. You can divide this recipe in half or quarter it and refrigerate the salsa to be used in the near future. Here is my recipe:


Salsa
12 cups diced tomatoes or 1 - 6 lb canned of diced tomatoes
6 cups of diced green and/or red peppers
1/2 cup minced garlic ( I used jarred garlic)
1 onion, chopped
20 jalapeno rings, chopped fine (this makes it hot, adjust for less heat) (I use jarred jalapenos)
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup vinegar
2 tablespoons cilantro
1/2 teaspoon cumin

Place all ingredients in a large pot and cook until onions are soft.

Water Bath Can for 15 minute. Always check for the current USDA guidelines for canning, as they are frequently updated.

Makes about 9 pints.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments